Request a Book from a Duke Library
You can request the delivery of books from other Duke Libraries to the Ford Library circulation desk using the "Get this title" link in the online catalog.
- Search the library catalog to locate the book you want.
If the book you need isn't owned by a Duke Library, please use the InterLibrary Loan link from the menu at the left.
- When you locate your book, click the small icon beside title in the search results list. (show me this)
- This will take you to the "Duke University Libraries Account Login Page". Login here with your Duke NetID and password.
- Now you'll see the blue "Get This Title" tab and "Hold/Request/Recall Information" below the title information on the screen.
- Change the pick-up library here (Fuqua users choose Ford Library) or the "last-needed date" and click the "Place Hold/Recall Request" button to enter your request.
- You'll be notified by eMail when your book is ready for pick-up.
If you want to check on the status of your request, you can login to your Library account and click the "Hold requests" link, or send eMail to our Circulation Staff.
If you have problems with requesting books online, you can call 919-660-7875 during library hours, or send our Circulation Staff an email.
Updated on: 03/27/13