- Definitions: "Web databases" are web-accessed
information resources delivered to the Fuqua Community and/or Duke
University by The Ford Library. "Electronic Resources"
include information resources accessed via CD-ROM or locally installed
client-server software delivered to the Fuqua Community and/or Duke
University by The Ford Library. Both are hereafter referred to as "Ford Library Databases"
or "database resources".
- Authorized Users: All students, faculty, and staff of Duke University and its professional schools (Fuqua, Law, Medicine, & Divinity) are licensed as authorized users of the vast majority of Ford Library's database resources. However, certain database products may be licensed for use only by students, faculty, and staff of the Fuqua School of Business due to pricing or vendor restrictions. Some database resources are also available for personal, and strictly non-commercial use in the Library by patrons unaffiliated with Duke University.
- Appropriate Use: Access granted to Ford Library Databases via IP address authentication, or usernames and passwords,
as well as text and numeric data printed or downloaded from these databases,
is to be used solely for the purpose of nonprofit, academic research in support of
classroom assignments, projects, examinations, scholarly publication, or
personal professional development while enrolled or employed at the Fuqua School of
Business, or Duke University.
- Inappropriate Use: Your access to, and data from, Ford Library databases may not be used to support the work (for profit or non-profit) of any company or organization at any time, including during an internship while you are enrolled at Fuqua or Duke. Inappropriate, or commercial use of database
resources is a breach of a binding legal contract and may result in both: a) loss of access to those resources for all Duke and Fuqua users, and b) legal action being taken by the vendor against the breaching user and/or Duke University.
- Licensed Access: Access granted to Ford Library Databases via IP address authentication, or usernames and passwords
is limited to a student's term of enrollment in a Fuqua MBA or Duke program, and/or
a faculty or staff member's term of employment at Fuqua or Duke. Some
databases are only licensed for access by students, faculty or staff of the
Fuqua School of Business; or may have shorter periods of account access for non-Fuqua students.
- Sharing Access: Usernames and passwords, and any other means of granting
access to Ford Library Databases are intended solely for use by individual, currently
enrolled, MBA program participants, Fuqua faculty and staff members, or members of
the Duke Community and may not be distributed
or made available to third parties. Usernames and passwords issued as a means of access to a Library database may not be shared.
- Usage Audits: Use of Ford Library Databases will be
periodically audited to gather statistical data, and to insure compliance with these Terms and Conditions of
Updated on: 03/27/13