Library Jobs for Students
Now hiring for Spring, Summer, & Fall 2022
Description of Duties:
- Circulating library materials both online and manually
- Answering patrons' directional and policy (not reference) questions
- Sorting and re-shelving returned materials
- Assisting the Collection Services Librarian and other library staff as needed
- Punctuality and dependability are required!
- Ability to perform detailed tasks with and without supervision.
- A calm and even temperament is indispensable; good "people skills".
- Ability to perform repetitive, but essential tasks.
- Previous work experience in libraries, especially circulation.
- Familiarity with Library of Congress classification system.
- Familiarity with microcomputers, the Web, and automated Library catalogs.
Starting Salary:(work-study not required)
- $13.75/hr (Undergraduates and Graduate students) - effective January 2022
How to Apply
These positions are open only to current graduate and undergraduate students of Duke University. These are not "paid-to-study" jobs.
We are looking for confident, patient, detail-oriented individuals who can work in a dynamic environment within a well defined range of duties.
Questions? Send an eMail to the Collection Services Librarian .
Professional Job Opening
The Acquisitions/Serials Librarian manages all aspects of the acquisition of library materials for the Ford Library, including monographs, journals, media, audio, and microforms to support faculty research, classroom instruction and career development at the Fuqua School of Business and to support Ford Library collections and operations.
The Acquisitions/Serials Librarian also manages all aspects of serial publications in print and online formats, including gathering and analyzing e-journal usage metrics for decision making. The Acquisitions/Serials Librarian communicates and negotiates with vendors, collaborates with other librarians at Duke and the TRLN consortium, and supports library users and staff as needed. The Acquisitions/Serials Librarian reports to the Resource Access Librarian.
To learn more about the position and apply online, visit https://library.fuqua.duke.edu/about/acquisitions-serials.htm.