Library Jobs for Students
Now hiring for Summer 2019, Fall 2019, and Winter Break 2019-20
Description of Duties:
- Circulating library materials both online and manually
- Answering patrons' directional and policy (not reference) questions
- Sorting and re-shelving returned materials
- Assisting the Collection Services Librarian and other library staff as needed
- Punctuality and dependability are required!
- Ability to perform detailed tasks with and without supervision.
- A calm and even temperament is indispensable; good "people skills".
- Ability to perform repetitive, but essential tasks.
- Previous work experience in libraries, especially circulation.
- Familiarity with Library of Congress classification system.
- Familiarity with microcomputers, the Web, and automated Library catalogs.
Starting Salaries:(work-study not required)
- $10.00/hr undergraduates
- $11.00/hr graduate student
- $12.50/hr Phd. students
How to Apply
These positions are open only to current graduate and undergraduate students of Duke University. These are not "paid-to-study" jobs.
We are looking for confident, patient, detail-oriented individuals who can work in a dynamic environment within a well defined range of duties.
Questions? Send an eMail to the Collection Services Librarian .